× Home Hinfo - Digital Hotel Solution Hinfo - Benefits for Management Hinfo - Benefits for Guests Hinfo - Data Usage Comparison Hinfo - How It Works Hinfo - Pricing Blog About News Contact
App IT Byte White Text

≡ Menu

App IT Byte White Text

3 Reasons Why Hinfo is a Subscription-Based Model

Some have asked us, why our Hinfo service is a subscription-based model and not an outright purchase like paper-based hotel compendiums.

We created Hinfo from the start as a subscription-based model, as there are multiple benefits compared to an outright purchase.

Dramatically Lower Upfront Investment

All successful businesses rely on positive cash flow.

Acquiring a new asset or service for any business is more manageable in smaller payments, than one large lump sum, especially if the latter is multiple thousands of dollars.

The first year of the Hinfo service when paid on a yearly basis, is no more than AU$468 plus GST for properties with 50+ rooms/apartments and only not requiring the optional Auto Translate service to support multiple languages.

Our internal research found that an outright up-front payment for a basic app with a basic feature set, each for iPhone/iPad and Android, for your property would be equivalent to 20 years of the Hinfo service to break-even for properties with 50+ rooms, but brings with it an advanced feature set, Hinfo.com access and included on-going maintenance.

Commitment to the Hinfo service is no more than a year at a time.

On-going Support and Maintenance

Any piece of software or online service is like a car. They are initially in perfect condition, but a lack of on-going maintenance will lead to significant issues.

Mobile operating systems are updated periodically with major releases annually. The technical tools software developers use are updated frequently.

With an outright purchase for your property alone, the developer is most definitely not guaranteeing any maintenance updates or new features.

Continual Development

Hinfo is the best compendium solution, but we always ask ourselves “how can we make it better?”

We have ideas on how to improve the service over the long term and if we had of done all of these at the start:

We are open to supporting new operating systems and devices that have a decent acquisition in the consumer market. For example, iOS and Android make up around 95% of all smartphones worldwide, so it’s not viable to support the other 5%, which is where the Hinfo.com website comes in.

We firmly believe the subscription-based model is a better option for properties. This solution is better for value for money, both in the short and long-term.

Similar Blog Posts

Why does Hinfo exist?